Click on the image below to fill out an application
Prospective Member Information
The Asheville Gallery of Art is an artist-owned gallery specializing in original wall-hung art in a wide range of media (oil, acrylic, watercolor, mixed media, pastel, encaustic, pen and ink, fiber, etc.) Each participating member curates their own wall space (approximately 8’) and participates in operating the business.
The Asheville Gallery of Art provides several unique benefits
to our member artists:
• A well-established, professional gallery space in a prime downtown location, operating seven days of the week, and an online store.
• Monthly advertising and feature articles in local print media.
• Personal artist page on the Asheville Gallery of Art website.
• Regular online gallery promotion on social media, local calendars and tourism sites.
• A robust customer list from our decades of operation which is used to publicize gallery events and activities and promote members’ work.
• Opportunity to be a featured artist approximately every 2-3 years, including additional gallery space and extensive promotion in print and social media.
• A community of talented and supportive artists committed to each other’s success.
• Notifying artist at time of sale with follow-up customer information.
The Asheville Gallery of Art retains a 20% commission on work sold through the gallery.
Membership at Asheville Gallery of Art is annual, running from November 1 through October 31. Dues are payable either in full on or before July 25th of the preceding year, or in three equal installments: on/or before July 25th of the preceding year, and November 1st and March 1st of the membership year. Annual dues for the membership year of Nov. 1, 2023-Oct. 3, 2024 are $1,575.00. Members joining mid-year will pay prorated dues, with the payment schedule to be specified at the time of acceptance.
Artists juried into the gallery are put on a waiting list to fill vacancies as they occur. A non-refundable fee of $100 is paid upon notification of acceptance to hold your place on the waiting list. This placement fee will be applied toward your dues when you are called to fill a vacancy.
Prior to joining, you will need a Merchant Certificate of Registration, commonly called a Sales and Use Tax ID Registration. You can apply for this on-line at the North Carolina Department of Revenue, dor.state.nc.us (instructions available on request).
AGA is a smoke-free and vape-free environment.