Prospective Member Information
AGA’s membership year is from November 1st through October 31st. Current annual
dues are $1,500, however a change is anticipated due to an increase in rent. Dues are
payable either in full on or before July 25th of the preceding year, or in three equal
installments: on/or before July 25th of the preceding year, and November 1st and March
1st of the membership year. Asheville Gallery of Art retains a 20% commission on work
sold through the gallery.
Some of the Co-op Membership Requirements are:
• Display original wall-hung fine art of various mediums (i.e., paintings, fiber arts,
glass, sculpture, woodwork, mixed media) according to AGA standards.
• Live close enough to the Gallery that travel is not an issue for clerking or
committee duties or replacing sold artwork.
• Work one day a month in the gallery as the clerk.
• Greet and interact with customers.
• Become proficient at completing a variety of sales transactions and tasks.
• Serve on at least two committees, which requires extra time each month beyond
scheduled work days.
• Computer skills, including emailing, word processing, and social media.
Please email any questions and the completed application, along with five
digital images of your current work no larger than 2mb, saved at 72dpi to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The Jury Committee will contact you and provide
instructions on the process of meeting you and viewing your work.
If accepted, you will need a Merchant Certificate of Registration, commonly called a
Sales and Use Tax ID Registration. You can apply for this on-line at the North Carolina
Department of Revenue, dor.state.nc.us (AGA has instructions).
Artists juried into the AGA are put on a waiting list to fill available member vacancies as
they occur. A non-refundable fee of $100 is paid upon notification of acceptance to hold
your place on the waiting list. Your placement fee will be applied to the first
membership dues installment when you are called to fill the vacancy.
AGA is a smoke-free and vape-free environment.